Yield 2 Litres
- 1 kg Granulated sugar
- 1 liter boiling water
- 50 g. citric acid or Juice of 2 Large Lemons, if you can't get hold of the citric acid.
- zest of 2 large unwaxed lemons
- 15 elderflower heads, stalks removed & check for any bugs and rinse if necessary
- Put the sugar in a large basin or bowl with the boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add the citric acid or lemon juice and the lemon zest.
- Shake the elderflowers to remove any insects and add the flowers to the sugar syrup. Cover and leave to stand for 1-2 days, stirring morning and night.
- Strain the elderflower cordial through muslin and decant into sterilised bottles. It’s now ready to use.
Recipe by Nordic Kitchen stories at https://www.nordickitchenstories.co.uk/2018/06/08/elderflower-cordial-and-shrub-recipe/