Louise has an everlasting passion for baking and adores making celebration cakes. A few years ago she was asked to make a friend’s wedding cake and loved the whole process – her passion for cake making has grown from there.
All cakes are designed as bespoke, Louise will work closely with you to ensure it delivers on every level. While each cake is unique, you’ll find seasonal fruit and flavourings in each sponge and filling and decorated with beautiful fresh flowers, foliage and fruit. Louise is a firm believer in using ingredients when they are at their seasonal best.
Here you’ll find a few examples of her work.
- Red velvet cake for Evie. This is an all-time classic and a firm favourite with a few of my clients. Coated with Swiss meringue buttercream and a vanilla cream cheese frosting fills the cake.
2. Two examples of chocolate cake, on the left is double chocolate cake, pure indulgence, decorated with chocolate curls. On the right Swiss meringue vanilla buttercream a decorated with chocolate curls.
3. Cleo’s mummy left the design up to me but requested her favourite cake, carrot, for Cleo’s Christening, filled with orange scented cream cheese and decorated with edible flowers.
For Cleo’s 1st Birthday I made a Raspberry and Sicilian lemon cake, the buttercream is flavoured with freeze dried raspberry powder which gives it the prettiest shade of pink.
4. Martin and Claire commissioned their wedding cake well in advance, initially they wanted a fondant cake but over time and research decided on a semi-naked cake. Their wedding was in November so theywanted a cake to reflect late autumn. Vanilla sponge filled with homemade blackberry conserve and white chocolate ganache, dried blood oranges adorn the cake with fresh blackberries and eucalyptus parvi.
5. This cake was made in December, as you can see I wanted it to reflect the season: filled with blueberry conserve and a lime flavoured buttercream. I frosted the blueberries and cranberries.
6. This is a personal favourite, I love the combination of white chocolate, passionfruit and raspberries.
7. Just a sample of how lace effect works on a buttercream cake, ideal for a wedding.
8. A rustic autumnal themed cake for an engagement party. Semi-naked red velvet cake with Swiss meringue buttercream
9. This cake was created for Philippa and Johnny in May, as you can see Philippa had chosen beautiful seasonal flowers. The cake itself is chocolate with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream and filled with fresh raspberries.
10. This Swiss meringue buttercream cake consisted of three different flavours. Victoria sponge with homemade strawberry jam for the bottom, then chocolate, raspberry and vanilla and for the top tier lemon, passionfruit and white chocolate.
11. Semi-naked Swiss meringue buttercream cake with 2 different fillings.
12. This Pansy Cake can be made in any flavour and filling.
13. Semi-naked Rhubarb, Orange & Cardamom Cake.
14. Hannah and Holly had a very clear idea of what they wanted for their wedding cake. They opted for 3 different cakes. Coated with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream and painted with edible gold.
15. A wedding cake for friends, with COVID restrictions in place, they had a small reception of 30 people. Alex wanted a cake to reflection the month of May. Dried and fresh wild and cultivated flowers adorn this cake.
16. Pressed & fresh flowers with herbs adorn this summer wedding cake.
I can create any flavour combination so if you’re interested in a bespoke cake do get in touch to discuss, just go to my contact page and send me an enquiry.
- Elderflower & Gooseberry – lemon sponge, elderflower syrup, elderflower buttercream, gooseberry compote.
- Raspberry & Passionfruit – lemon sponge, passionfruit curd, lemon syrup, fresh raspberries, vanilla buttercream.
- White Chocolate & Passionfruit – lemon sponge, passionfruit filling, passionfruit syrup, vanilla buttercream.
- Rhubarb & Orange Blossom – orange sponge, orange syrup, rhubarb compote, orange blossom buttercream.
- Chocolate & Cherry – dark chocolate sponge, cherry liquor syrup, cherry compote, vanilla buttercream.
- Blackberry & Bay – lemon sponge, blackberry compote, bay syrup and vanilla buttercream.
- Rhubarb (late December onwards) & orange blossom – orange blossom flavoured sponge, rhubarb compote, orange blossom buttercream.
- White Chocolate, Passionfruit Curd.
- Carrot, Walnut & Orange – carrot & walnut sponge, orange cream cheese filling, orange blossom buttercream.
- Chocolate Caramel – dark chocolate sponge, salted caramel, vanilla buttercream.
- Carrot – carrot & walnut sponge, orange cream cheese filling.
- Victoria Sponge – vanilla sponge, vanilla syrup, homemade strawberry or raspberry jam, vanilla buttercream.
- Tiramisu Cake – coffee sponge, coffee liqueur syrup, coffee buttercream, vanilla mascarpone filling and cocoa.
- Coconut & Lime – coconut sponge, lime syrup and lime buttercream.
*Gluten free options are available too.
Louise prepared and delivered the wedding cake of our dreams. A 3-tier cake with different flavours, iced in a classic style reflecting the aesthetic we had shared at the start of planning. The 3 flavours of cake were delicious – classic Victoria sponge, chocolate and raspberry and white chocolate and passion fruit. The cake was light and perfectly balanced. Louise kindly coordinated with our florist to ensure the floral arrangement was incorporated seamlessly on the final cake. We wish we could enjoy a cake like that on every special occasion! Thank you Louise!
Best, Hannah Baker-Bungey