Louise has an everlasting passion for baking and adores making celebration cakes. A few years ago she was asked to make a friend’s wedding cake and loved the whole process – her passion for cake making has grown from there.
All cakes are designed as bespoke, Louise will work closely with you to ensure it delivers on every level. While each cake is unique, you’ll find seasonal fruit and flavourings in each sponge and filling and decorated with beautiful fresh flowers, foliage and fruit. Louise is a firm believer in using ingredients when they are at their seasonal best.
A few examples of her work.
Louise can create your desired flavour combination, so if you’re interested in a bespoke cake do get in touch to discuss, just go to contact page and send me an enquiry.
- Elderflower & Gooseberry – lemon sponge, elderflower syrup, elderflower buttercream, gooseberry compote. (mid-late June)
- Raspberry & Passionfruit – lemon sponge, passionfruit curd, lemon syrup, fresh raspberries, vanilla buttercream.
- White Chocolate & Passionfruit – lemon sponge, passionfruit filling, passionfruit syrup, vanilla buttercream.
- Rhubarb & Orange Blossom – orange sponge, orange syrup, rhubarb compote, orange blossom buttercream.
- Chocolate & Cherry – dark chocolate sponge, cherry liquor syrup, cherry compote, vanilla buttercream.
- Blueberry & Lime – Blueberry & lime buttermilk sponge, lime cream cheese filling, lime Swiss meringue buttercream coating.
- Blackberry & Bay – lemon sponge, blackberry compote, bay syrup and vanilla buttercream.
- Rhubarb (late December onwards) & orange blossom – orange blossom flavoured sponge, rhubarb compote, orange blossom buttercream.
- Coffee, Cardamom & Walnut – coffee, walnut and cardamom sponge, coffee syrup, coffee Swiss meringue buttercream.
- White chocolate, passionfruit curd.
- Carrot, Walnut & Orange – carrot & walnut sponge, orange cream cheese filling, orange blossom buttercream.
- Chocolate Caramel – dark chocolate sponge, salted caramel, Swiss meringue vanilla buttercream coating.
- Carrot – carrot & walnut sponge, orange cream cheese filling, Swiss meringue buttercream coating.
- Victoria Sponge – vanilla sponge, vanilla syrup, homemade strawberry or raspberry jam, vanilla buttercream.
- Tiramisu Cake – coffee sponge, coffee liqueur syrup, coffee buttercream, vanilla mascarpone filling and cocoa.
- Coconut & Lime – coconut sponge, lime syrup and lime buttercream.
- Pistachio & Lemon – pistachio & lemon sponge, lemon syrup, pistachio cream cheese filling, pistachio & lemon Swiss meringue buttercream coating.
- Red Velvet.
*Gluten & Dairy free options are available too.
“Louise prepared and delivered the wedding cake of our dreams. A 3-tier cake with different flavours, iced in a classic style reflecting the aesthetic we had shared at the start of planning. The 3 flavours of cake were delicious – classic Victoria sponge, chocolate and raspberry and white chocolate and passion fruit. The cake was light and perfectly balanced. Louise kindly coordinated with our florist to ensure the floral arrangement was incorporated seamlessly on the final cake. We wish we could enjoy a cake like that on every special occasion! Thank you Louise”Hannah Baker-Bungey
“Louise’s cake for our wedding was truly divine in both taste and appearance. She made the most delicious three-tiered pressed flower cake which couldn’t have been more perfect for the theme of the day. Our guests enjoyed the cake thoroughly; it’s flavours were clear but subtle. On the run up to the wedding, communication with Louise was seamless – she responded to all emails quickly and was endlessly patient with our indecisiveness! She so kindly delivered the cake on the day to keep it as fresh as possible and presented it beautifully. We cannot thank Louise enough for making such a special and incredible cake for our wedding day”Sophie Bownass
“We could not have been happier with our wedding cake. We chose two flavours, blackberry and lemon and carrot and walnut for our September wedding. The taste was exquisite and so many of our guests commented on how delicious it was. The cake itself was more beautiful than we could ever have dreamed of and was such a special part of the day for us. Louise guided us from start to finish on taste, style and colour palettes to make sure it fitted with the vibe of the day and our flowers and decor. We could not have been happier with the result and will never forget it. Thank you Louise for the cake of our dreams ms- we can not thank you and recommend you enough!”Beana Howell
“Thank you so much for baking the beautiful celebration cake for my parents 60th wedding anniversary. They were over the moon with it. My Mum is a great baker and has made all our birthday cakes; she was thrilled. It was a delicious cake and cut beautifully. It went in one sitting with top table having second helpings”Nicola G
“Just wanted to thank you for the beautiful wedding cake you made for us. It was just perfect and I so appreciate all the time and trouble you went to to make it just as I would wish. We received so many compliments and requests for your details that I imagine you will be getting a lot of requests coming your way. Most grateful and so many thanks”Frances