I have a passion for baking and adore making bespoke celebration cakes. In May 2014 I made a friend’s wedding cake and loved the whole process – my passion for cake making has grown from there. All of my creations are completely handmade, by me.
All of my cakes are designed as bespoke, I will work closely with you to ensure it delivers on every level. While each cake is unique, I use seasonal fruit and flavourings in each sponge and filling and they are decorated with beautiful fresh flowers, foliage and fruit. I am a firm believer in using ingredients when they are at their seasonal best.
Here you’ll find a few examples of my work.
1. Matt and Carolyn’s Cake consisted of a vanilla sponge sandwiched together with homemade strawberry conserve and vanilla buttercream. The semi-naked cake is also covered in vanilla buttercream.
2. This was commissioned by Kate for her baby shower. Kate requested a very delicate peach semi naked cake consisting of a vanilla sponge and filled with homemade strawberry conserve and vanilla buttercream.
3. This was a surprise Birthday cake for Linda. Linda’s sister insisted on a double chocolate cake, pure indulgence for a lovely sister. Decorated with edible French marigolds and 24 carat gold leaf.
4. Cleo’s mummy left the design up to me but requested her favourite cake, carrot, for Cleo’s Christening, filled with orange scented cream cheese frosting and decorated with edible flowers.
5. Martin and Claire commissioned their wedding cake well in advance, initially they wanted a fondant cake but over time and research decided on a semi-naked cake. Their wedding was in November so wanted a cake to reflect late autumn. Vanilla sponge filled with homemade blackberry conserve and white chocolate ganache. I dried blood oranges when they were in season and decorated the cake with them and fresh blackberries along with eucalyptus parvi.
6. This cake was made in December last year, as you see I wanted it to reflect the time of year. Filled with blueberry conserve and the sponge is flavoured with lime. I frosted the blueberries and cranberries.
6. This is a personal favourite, I love the combination of passionfruit and raspberries.
7. Another carrot cake, this time for a birthday, decorated with caramel hazelnuts, coconut, crystallised papaya, pistachios and rose petals.
8. It’s fair to say that chocolate and salted caramel are a winning combination. This went down very well with the lucky birthday girl!
I can create any flavour combination so if you’re interested in a bespoke cake do get in touch to discuss, just go to my contact page and send me an enquiry.
- Elderflower & Gooseberry – lemon sponge, elderflower syrup, elderflower buttercream, gooseberry compote
- Raspberry & Passionfruit – lemon sponge, passionfruit curd, lemon syrup, fresh raspberries, lemon buttercream
- Rhubarb & Orange Blossom – orange sponge, orange syrup, rhubarb compote, orange blossom buttercream
- Chocolate cherry – dark chocolate sponge, cherry liquor syrup, cherry compote, vanilla buttercream
- Blackberry & bay – vanilla sponge, blackberry compote, bay syrup, vanilla and vanilla buttercream
- Rhubarb & orange blossom – orange blossom flavoured sponge, rhubarb compote, orange blossom buttercream
- Carrot, walnut & orange – carrot & walnut sponge, orange cream cheese filling, orange blossom buttercream
- Chocolate caramel – dark chocolate sponge, salted caramel, vanilla buttercream
- Carrot – carrot & walnut sponge, orange cream cheese filling, walnut brittle
- Victoria sponge – vanilla sponge, vanilla syrup, homemade strawberry or raspberry jam, vanilla buttercream
- Tiramisu cake – coffee sponge, coffee liqueur syrup, coffee buttercream, vanilla mascarpone filling and cocoa