Sometimes you just need a quick chocolate fix, a healthy one would be ideal right? Well here you have the answer and I guarantee you’ll love these chocolate treats. Incredibly delicious and moorish, they are a combination of oats, almonds, creamy almond butter, dates and cacao. Few ingredients and less than 20 minutes to make.
I store these tempting little cups in the freezer, ready to eat after 10-15 minutes or store in the fridge for 10-14 days, if they last that long that is.
Raw Almond Butter Cups
- Mini muffin tin
- 100 g Skinned almonds
- 60 g Porridge oats
- 100 g Almond butter
- 30 g Coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 100 g pitted dates
- 75 g coconut oil
- 20 g cacao powder
- 30 g maple syrup
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling
- In a food processor place the oats and whole almonds then blitz to a fine meal. Now add the pitted dates, almond butter, vanilla extract, 30g coconut oil and sea salt. You should fine it comes together to form a dryish dough. Divide evenly between12 and place in the muffin tin, pressing down firmly. Place in the freezer.
- For the chocolate topping place all the ingredients into a small saucepan on a low heat. Heat until the coconut oil is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the almond butter mixture evenly and return to the freezer.
- Add 1/2 tsp of freshly ground cardamom to the chocolate
- Add the zest of 1/2 an orange to the chocolate
- Add 1 tsp of freshly ground coffee to the nut & oat mixture